Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year Everyone!

Well, another year has gone and a new one arrived! Where has the time gone? The boys are in the 2nd semester of their freshmen year in high school now, only 3 more years for them. Caitie just graduated in December from high school and starting junior college this month, then off to university in fall (not sure which one yet and she is walking with her hs graduating class in May, she wants all the hoopla that goes along with graduation and i am glad as we told her she was doing it anyways). LOL Here in Arizona it is now Javalina hunting season and the boys have been out all weekend looking for stinky pigs. LOL Dustin was the first to get his (he is 15) and this was his first big game animal he took and with bow and arrow. DH also got his this weekend, now Josh has a bit more hunting to go and hopefully he will get his piggy as well. LOL So as of right now, we will have about 100lbs of javalina chorizo in the freezer, yum, NOT. Everyone in the family eats it but me. oh well, they are feeding the family, etc and enjoying great time with dad.

Our New Year's Eve was quite quiet here. We just ordered some pizzas and hung out around the house for the night. The boys were all in bed early because the 1st was their first day of pig hunting, up bright (well not so bright) and early. Caitie and i stayed up playing rummy and went to bed just after midnight.

Well, i do have my first finish of 2009. I finished up yesterday, Christmas is Forever kit from Lizzie Kate. This was a very fun and colorful piece to stitch. I just loved the colors. I have also picked out my fabric and threads for the Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler SAL piece that i am going to start on Wednesday. I chose 36ct (stitching over 1) cream edinburgh but i coffee dyed/baked it and it turned out really good and for my threads i chose Deep Sea and Oatmeal GAST. I think it will look really good together.




I have a few exchanges that need to be finished up and/or started so can't show pics of them just yet. In good time.

11 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

The Christmas piece is beautiful.
I can not wait to see a progress pic of the BP sampler.

Kathy A. said...

Congrats on your first finish of the year. It is lovely. Love your color choices for the BP sampler

LoriRay said...

I really like your LK finish -- great job! And your new project is going to be gorgeous. I look forward to progress pictures. :)

Sally said...

Your L*K finish is beautiful. Love the colours.

Looking forward to seeing your BP sampler.I really like the colours you've chosen for it. I started mine on New Years Day but haven't made much progress- yet!

Unknown said...

I love your Christmas is Forever!! I have that as my next start. Glad your boys are having successful hunting seasons. I would be with you in not eating probably anything they would hunt, but if they do - okay. Do you have to do the cooking or do they?

Beth

Karen said...

Beth, Doug does the cooking of his elk, javalina, deer, etc. i don't even want to touch it. LOL He has his different recipes for it, etc. LOL i just eat something different those nights, unless it is steaks, tehn we just get me a moo moo and i am good. LOL

Melissa said...

Your LK finish is beautiful. Great job.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Look at your pretty finish :)
And LOVE your coffee dyed and baked fabby for the Quaker...good job!

staci said...

Your fabric and threads are really pretty~~looking forward to seeing your Quaker :)

Congrats on the sweet LK finish!

Bette said...

Your LK finish is really cute. I have that kit in my stash as well. Love the threads for your new project.

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Congrats on your Lovely Lizzie*Kate finish Karen! And I love your colour choices for the BP Quaker! I've got my threads and fabric picked out just need to get started now!