Saturday, November 29, 2008

A new project started

Again, i got hit with "startitus" last night. I started working on The Sunflower Seed's "Judy Becher Sampler" stitching it on 32ct linen coffee dyed and baked by me. I learned the technique of dyeing/baking using coffee from Staci's blog (link on the sidebar). It was fun and easy and it turns out really good.

Didn't do much today except help my sister with her yard sale for the most part of the day. So i am going to go sit down and stitch while laundry is going. I am going to work on this same piece again tonight for a bit and see how much further i get.

5 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

WOW love the new look.

staci said...

Love your new start! Your fabric is gorgeous!!!

Bette said...

The coffee dyeing/baking sounds intriguing. I'd probably catch my oven on fire if I tried it. Sorry I haven't sent the pattern sooner. It's sitting here on my desk with the envelope. Resend your addres and I'll get it out to you.

Lelia said...

Looks great so far! I feel like starting something new, too; however, have stuff to finish ...

enjoy your week-end

Sharon said...

What a great project! I love your coffee dyed linen-looks wonderful.