Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's mid-April and it's already getting hot

Well, it is starting to hit the 90's here in AZ. woohoo, yeah right! Well, DH and I escaped up north the Flagstaff Saturday and returned this afternoon. We went riding the quad around the woods looking for animals (elk and deer preferably no bear or mountain lion). We stayed at the Happy Jack Lodge up there. Nice little cabins. We saw quite a bit of Elk yesterday on our ride and a few turkeys but nothing else, thank goodness. We went riding in his "territory" where the guys all go hunting, deep deep in the woods. I had trouble getting pics of the Elk we saw but i will post one of them, you get to see theirs butts walking by. LOL



Well, as for finishes, i do have one from a couple weeks ago i just never posted. It is JBW's Bunny, again. This time i used the Caron waterlilies Baby Breath that i initially bought for it and used a piece of 28ct evenweave that was tea dyed by Teejay (tracy). It was the perfect fabric for this floss.



Here is my WIP for the LHN/CCN yahoo group SAL. I started Rose Sampler. I haven't gotten very far but it is coming along (i just have too many projects going at once). this one is being stitched on 28ct evenweave in Oatmeal using DMC.



Also, here is my Reindeer Sampler by HIH stitched on 28ct mottled linen (not sure of the color was in my stash not marked) using DMC. You can also see a glimpse of the bag i got at Barnes & Noble last week (thanks for showing me Michele, i love it) I just started this one last night at the cabin. I also have another finish for my Fair & Square exchange but it needs to be mailed in the next couple days so can't show that finish, but it's pretty.



Not much else really going on around here. My DD, Caitie went to the Prom last night with one of her friends, so when she gets her pics I will post them (I didn't get to see her all dressed up). we were out of town and she was at her dad's.

6 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Yep, it' hot. 98 today in Yuma and climbing. Nice elk shots LOL. Your stitching is coming along beautifully and that bunny is just adorable.

Anonymous said...

All of your wips look great! I just finished my name square yesterday and am ready to mail my f & s as well. It looks like you had a great time up north.

Bette said...

Karen, I also spent the weekend in Flagstaff. The weather was gorgeous. Your WIP's and finishes are lovely.

Michele said...

Love the elk butts :)

Great finishes! Can't wait to stitch that cute bunny myself :)

Rose Sampler is looking good! I didn't work in Sunflower Sampler last week at all .. hopefully this week!

Ohhhhh ya know I love Reindeer Sampler .. I finished it years ago :) lol

Ruth said...

Wow, you are being accomplishful! And with a holiday included and all!!!! I am most impressed. :)

Congrats on some wonderful stitching and some much deserved vacatoning.

Meari said...

Your projects look great! How wonderful to be able to see deer on your ride. Very cool!